All officials to read the following important information and click on the appendix link(s) below for specific details on their role.
- Officials are to be fully conversant with the rules and procedures applied to the event or position they have been nominated for. Refer to the table below for information relevant to your position. Athletics Charter: Appendices 1 - 39.
- All officials should download a copy of the program booklet for the carnivals they will be working at. Program Booklets can be downloaded on the web site or through the mobile app
- The ACC conducts a voluntary Officials meeting for any official that would like additional briefing and training for their role, above that already provided by their school. Attendance is optional and is open to any official. Currently scheduled for the week prior to the series of carnivals (4-5pm ACC office Doubleview).
- Officials are to report to the "Official's Marshal" at 8.00 am (A through to F divisions) and 8.30 am (G to I divisions), on the day of their carnival/s.
- Officials must make adequate travel arrangements to arrive at the venue on time. Officials should not travel to the venue on the school spectator buses as they will be late for their duty. Travel on the team/competitor bus is allowable.
- Officials are to register their arrival with the Official's Marshal, and then report to the Carnival Manager who will give a final briefing. Officials will then receive final instructions from their Chief Official after collecting specific equipment and dispersing to their duty location.
- The Official's Marshal is to advise the Carnival Manager of any late arrivals or non-attendance of officials. The school concerned will then be contacted to provide a substitute.
- Officials are to bring their own: pen and personal sun protection
- Officials are reminded to be adequately protected from the elements (heat/cold/rain).
- All Officials will be supplied, by the Official's Marshal, with an ACC Official’s vest. All vests are to be returned at the conclusion of the carnival.
- The school Student Assistants will NOT be supplied with an official’s vest but with a ‘Student Official’ sticker to be worn whilst completing their duties.
- Officials will be catered for "drinks only" during the course of their duty at no individual cost. Catering will include cold drinks, tea, coffee, and biscuits. Officials will have the refreshments delivered to their event location by the catering school. Officials will need to provide their own lunch and the kiosk in the Grandstand will be open.
- Each official should be thoroughly briefed by their Sport co-ordinator prior to the carnival. Refer to the table below for information relevant to each position.
- Working with Children: All officials working at ACC carnivals are required to be checked under the Working with Children (WWC) legislation. Schools providing officials to carnivals are to ensure that officials are checked and have either a current WWC ID number, are covered by an exemption or are covered as a teacher under their WACOT registration. Schools need to keep records of their officials WWC status e.g. WWC ID Number, reason for exemption or WACOT checks. Officials that are contracted by the ACC (i.e. Athletics WA Referees/Officials), should provide their WWC number to the ACC.
|Official Primary Role||Official Secondary Role||Essential Charter Appendix||Other Essential Charter Appendices|
|Arena and equipment manager||18.2||18.5||10.3||10.5||14||15|
|Assistant Timekeeper (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.8||18.9||25.1.1||33|
|Bus & UWA student access supervisors||4.16.1 4.16.2||39||14||4.16|
|Chief Finish Judge (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.7||18.9||24.8||33|
|Chief Finish Judge (SD)||18.7||33||24.1||24.2||24.7|
|Chief Starter (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.6||18.9||33||10.3|
|Chief Starter (SD)||18.6||10.3|
|Chief Timekeeper (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.8||18.9||25.1.1||33||25.5|
|Discus Judge||Relay change umpire||19.3||10.5||26.2||33||18.9||15|
|Equipment & Hurdles Manager||800m Crossover Judge||18.2||18.5||10.3||10.5||14||15|
|Finish Judge (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.7||25.5||24.8||33||18.9|
|High Jump||Relay change umpire||19.5||10.5||18.9||27||33||15|
|Javelin Judge||Relay change umpire||19.4||10.5||26.2||18.9||33||15|
|Lane Sticker Supervisor||18.4.2||13|
|Lap Counter/Assistant Track Referee||Relay Umpire final straight||18.3||32||33||18.9|
|Long Jump||Relay change umpire||19.6||10.5||18.9||26.1||33|
|Photo Finish Operator||18.11||13|
|Presenter of Awards (Principal)||31|
|Reserve Finish Judge (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.7||24.1||33||18.9|
|Reserve Timekeeper (SD)||Relay change umpire||18.8||25.1||33||18.9|
|Result Entry Supervisor||20.1||23|
|Shot Put Judge||Relay change umpire||19.2||10.5||18.9||26.1||33||15|
|Starter’s Assistant (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.6||13||18.9||33|
|Starter’s Assistant (SD)||18.6||13|
|Track Marshall||Relay Marshall||18.4.1||18.9||23||13||33|
|Track Side Recorder (LD: 800m.1500m)||Relay change umpire||18.10||18.9||25.5||33|
|Track Umpire (SD)||Relay: Chief at changeover||18.9||33|