All officials to read the following important information and click on the appendix link(s) below for specific details on their role.
- Officials are to be fully conversant with the rules and procedures applied to the event or position they have been nominated for. Refer to the table below for information relevant to your position. Swimming Charter: Appendices 1 - 34, "Event guidelines for officials" (Duties and Procedures).
- All officials should download a copy of the program booklet for the carnivals they will be working at. Program Booklets can be downloaded on the web site or through the mobile app
- Officials are to report to the "Official's Marshal" at 8.20 am (A and B divisions) and 9.20 am (C, D, E, F, G, H and I divisions), on the day of their carnival/s.
- Officials must make adequate travel arrangements to arrive at the venue on time. Officials should not travel to the venue on the school spectator buses as they will be late for their duty. Travel on the team/competitor bus is allowed.
- Officials are to register their arrival with the Official's Marshal, and then report to their Chief Official who is to give a final briefing. Officials will then receive final instructions from the Carnival Manager after collecting specific equipment and dispersing to their duty location.
- The Official's Marshal is to advise the Carnival Manager of any late arrivals or non-attendance of officials. The school concerned will then be contacted to provide a substitute.
- Officials are to bring their own: pen and personal sun protection
- Officials are reminded to be adequately protected from the elements (heat/cold/rain).
- All Officials will be supplied, by the Official's Marshal, with an ACC Official’s vest. All vests are to be returned at the conclusion of the carnival.
- The school Student Assistants will NOT be supplied with an official’s vest but with a ‘Student Official’ sticker to be worn whilst completing their duties.
- Officials will be catered for during the course of their duty at no individual cost. Catering will include cold drinks, tea, coffee, sandwiches and biscuits for adult carnival officials and cold drinks, tea, coffee and biscuits for school student officials. Officials will have the refreshments delivered to their event location by the catering school.
- Each official should be thoroughly briefed by their Sport co-ordinator prior to the carnival. Refer to the table below for information relevant to each position.
- Working with Children: All officials working at ACC carnivals are required to be checked under the Working with Children (WWC) legislation. Schools providing officials to carnivals are to ensure that officials are checked and have either a current WWC ID number, are covered by an exemption or are covered as a teacher under their WACOT registration. Schools need to keep records of their officials WWC status e.g. WWC ID Number, reason for exemption or WACOT checks. Officials that are contracted by the ACC (i.e. WA Swimming Referees), should provide their WWC number to the ACC.
|Official Role||Essential Charter Appendix||Other Essential Charter Appendices|
|Equipment Set-up and Recovery||19.2||10||16.1||17.2||A-D DIV||E-H DIV|
|Chief Marshalling Director||19.4||23|
|False Start Rope Attendant||19.5|
|Starter’s Assistant/Reserve Official||19.5|
|Presenter of Awards||30|
|Electronic Scoreboard||22 b||`|
|Outdoor Scoreboard||22 a|
|Warm Up Pool Superviser||36||SEC5.2||16.1|