School Sport Manager - Inclusion
Closes 22 November 2022
The Associated & Catholic Colleges of WA is looking for a school sport manager to support our inclusion and participation programs on an on-going basis.
About You The ACC is looking for an experienced, qualified, and innovative sports professional to achieve high participation outcomes in our school sport programs. This position will be working within our sports management team, with our member schools and the various stakeholders in the sport sector. An understanding of school sport operations and inclusion and diversity practices will be fundamental to this role.
Main duties include:
- Manage the Inclusive Sport Program and Multi Class Program for students with disability.
- Manage the Inclusive Sports Management Committee.
- Manage the Participative programs of the association.
- Provide administrative and support services for member schools in Interschool Sport Sub-associations.
- Provide administrative and support services for member schools in matters related to the provision of Major Carnivals, the ACC Championship, sport/year specific competitions and All-Star teams.
- Research, develop and deliver innovative inclusion and participation sport programs that support the ACC aim, mission, and member needs.
- Problem solving - finding innovative solutions to complex problems
- Stakeholder management - driving engagement, consensus and alignment around values, priorities, opportunities, and problems
- Strong Risk Management capability and practises applied to the activities you lead
- Excellent negotiation skills - you will be liaising with various stakeholders from school staff & students to state sport associations, community sport clubs and venues
- Strong influencer - you will have the ability to work alongside as well as influence school leaders, school students, sport officials, and sport managers
- Strong Advocacy - you will have a love of sport and physical activity and be able to advocate and promote the benefits of movement.
- Tertiary level qualifications in teaching, physical education, sport, or a related field at university degree level.
- Experience in school sport environments is highly advantageous.
- Experience and understanding of inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity, and child protection practices in sport settings.
- Experience working with people with a disability.
- Thorough knowledge of the Western Australian sport and recreation industry.
How to Apply To apply, send through a copy of your CV along with a covering letter outlining why your skills and experience meet the requirements of this role. Applications close 22 November. Position start date TBC – January 2023.
About ACC Established in 1937, the ACC is an independent secondary school sports association with a membership of 90 secondary schools across Western Australia. The ACC provides interschool sporting opportunities to a student population of over 56,000.
The ACC is a member association which exists to facilitate the provision of quality sport and recreation opportunities to member school students. The maxim of the ACC is “Sport in the Right Spirit”, and core Christian values are central to our mission and underpin all our operations.
The ACC has long been an innovator in the school sport sector adopting strategies that focus on a sport for all philosophy where inclusion and diversity are embedded in our activities. Service to our member schools through technology and sport innovation is essential to the delivery and sustainable growth of our programs.
As a not-for-profit association with Christian values and ideals, we are dedicated to providing our members with access to high quality, safe, and inclusive sporting activities. When you work for the ACC, you work for an association with a clear vision, strong values and a team of people that are passionate about providing sport in the right spirit.
Our Mission To facilitate the provision of quality sport and recreation opportunities to member school students as a medium that:
• upholds values of tolerance, respect, acceptance, service, equality, and commitment
• recognizes and celebrates our differences and gifts
• has implicit health and social benefits
• Promotes and engenders healthy active lifestyles.
Our recruitment and selection process include a variety of assessment methods that may encompass interview, reference checks and verification of working rights in Australia. Preferred candidates will be required to return a satisfactory National Police Clearance and hold a current Working with Children card prior to an offer of employment being extended.
All ACC vacancies are managed by the Director of Sport. Unsolicited agency applications will not be considered
Applications should be addressed to the Director of Sport and emailed to: email@example.com
Applications close 22 November 2022. Start date TBC - January 2023