During Terms 2 and 3 the ACC conduct three AFL competitions.
The first is the Yr 10 School Boys Cup played in Term 2. This is a competition involving a series of one day regional lightning carnivals coordinated by School Sport WA and the Associated and Catholic Colleges of WA. Teams are made up of Year 10 male students.
In 2014, there were four separate ACC carnivals and an interschool sports competition;
- North Metro Carnival - Lightning Park, Noranda
- South Metro Carnivals - Ferndale Reserve & Sutherlands Park
- South West Carnival - Hay Park, Bunbury
- NAS Sub-Association - Term 2
The winners of each carnival for 2014 played in the regional finalists' Carnival against the government school winners on Tuesday 5th August at UWA Sports Park. Well done to St Mark's ACS, Corpus Christi, Bunbury Catholic College, CBC Fremantle and Sacred Heart College who qualified for this Competition.
The second competition is the Year 7 Freo Dockers Shield/Cup conducted in Term 3. The ACC in conjunction with the WAFC offered five Yr 7 Carnivals for 2014:
- South Metro Carnivals - Boys & Girls (Ferndale Reserve)
- South Metro Carnivals - Boys & Girls (Sutherlands Reserve)
- North Metro Carnival - Boys (Lightning Park)
The winners of each boy's and girl's carnival played in a Grand Final Carnival held at Aquinas College (Memorial Oval) on Wednesday 13th August. The winner of the Freo Docker's Shield (boys) was Corpus Christi College, and the winner of the Freo Docker's Cup (girls) was Mandurah Catholic College.
Well done to all teams who participated. It was another successful year for this competition with a huge increase in team nominations.