All officials to read the following important carnival information and click on the appendix link(s) below for specific details on their role.
· Date: Thursday 2 June 2022
· Venue: Alderbury Reserve. Enter off Perry Lakes Drive and park in the car park behind the YMCA Coastal hockey clubrooms.
· Arrival: all officials are to arrive no later than 8.00am; exceptions are those officials on set up duties that may be required earlier. Officials must make adequate travel arrangements to arrive at the venue on time. Officials should not travel to the venue on the school competitor buses as they will be late for their duty. First event starts at 9.30am and last event starts at 1.00pm (approx)
· Briefing: there will be a briefing for all officials at 8.15am..
a) Report to the room, sign in on the check sheet and collect your officials file and vest. The file number will be matched to the number on the sign in sheet, wait in the room for the briefing.
b) If applicable to your role collect your two way radio and if you need assistance in its operation ask the communications technician for help.
· Student helpers: most officials will need school students to assist them. Check before the day that your school has arranged your student helpers, what time they will arrive and where you will meet them. Where possible try to arrange your helper(s) to be on the team bus.
· Charter information: before the day check with your school sports coordinator that they have provided you with all the relevant information in the charter. Make sure that you have discussed your role with the sports coordinator so that you know what to do on the day.
- Rules: Event rules are as stated in the ACC Charter or as per IAAF cross country running rules. http://www.iaaf.org/about-iaaf/documents/rules-regulations#rules
- Risk Management/ Emergency Evacuation Procedures: all officials should familiarize themselves with these points in Appendix 22. The muster point for officials in an emergency will be the YMC hockey clubroom
COVID Procedures: all officials should familiarize themselves with the COVID safety points in Appendix 23. All officials must register for COVID tracing purposes when they arrive on the day. Officials can scan in on the SafeWA app or manually register at the officials sign in point at the clubhouse. The muster point for officials in an emergency will be the YMCC Hockey Clubrooms.
· What to bring:
a) come prepared for wet weather and sunshine
b) if you will be a course station official bring a portable chair and make sure you have two student assistants
c) BYO morning tea, lunch and drinks
d) Complimentary coffee voucher will be provided upon sign in
e) Pens to write with
f) Charter information as provided by the school or the table below (see below)
· At the end of the day return all materials to the YMCA club rooms: badge, file, vest etc... Station officials are asked to collect and return all course flags near their location.
· Working with Children: All officials working at ACC carnivals are required to be checked under the Working with Children (WWC) legislation. Schools providing officials to carnivals are to ensure that officials are checked and have either a current WWC ID number, are covered by an exemption or are covered as a teacher under their WACOT registration. Schools need to keep records of their officials WWC status e.g. WWC ID Number, reason for exemption or WACOT checks.
|Announcer||6t , 22, 23||6ga, 6gb, 6o.1|
|Automatic Timing/Results Room Liasion||6t , 22, 23||6p|
|Chief Marshal||6t , 22, 23||6h, 6i, 16|
|Communications Technician||6t , 22, 23||1, 6q|
|Course Scrutinizer||6t , 22, 23||1, 6b & 17|
|Course set up work party||6t , 22, 23||1, 6a(i) , 6f.2, 17|
|COVID Safety Marshal||6t , 22, 23||1, 17, CEP|
|Duty School||6t , 22, 23||6c, 1, 17|
|Finish Area Attendant||6t , 22, 23||15,17|
|Finish Area Manager & Set Up||6t , 22, 23||1, 6a(ii) ,17|
|Finish Chute Usher||6t , 22, 23||14,17|
|Finish Judge (manual) / Inclusion Results Official||6t , 22, 23||6j, 17|
|Finish Line 1st Aid||6t , 22, 23||6m1, 6m 2 6s|
|First Aid||6t , 22, 23||1, 6s, 6q|
|First Aid Spotter @ Station||6t , 22, 23||1, 6s|
|Listed Place Getters Recorder & Medallions Supervisor||6t , 22, 23||6o.1, 6o.2, 14, 17|
|Marshaling Usher||6t , 22, 23||6h, 6i, 16|
|Marshals||6t , 22, 23||6i, 16|
|Motorized Scooter Driver||6t , 22, 23||1,18|
|Parking Officials||6t , 22, 23||1, 26, 26.1, 20|
|Results Manager Assistants||6t , 22, 23||6p|
|Start Line Assistants||6t , 22, 23||6h, 6i, 16|
|Starter||6t , 22, 23||6i, 16, 6h, 6o.1|
|Station official + buses||6t , 22, 23||1, 6e, 26, 26.1, 20|
|Station Officials||6t , 22, 23||1, 6e|
|Student Supervision Patrol||6t , 22, 23||21, 1, 17|
|Timekeepers||6t , 22, 23||6l, 6o.1|
|Venue Access Controllers||6t , 22, 23||1, 6e, 6f, 6r, 6f.2|