During Terms 2 and 3 the ACC conduct two AFL competitions.
The first is the Yr 10 School Boys Cup played in Term 2. This is a competition involving a series of one day regional lightning carnivals coordinated by School Sport WA and the Associated and Catholic Colleges of WA. Teams are made up of Year 10 male students.
In 2015, there were three separate ACC carnivals and an interschool sports competition;
- North Metro Carnival - Lightning Park, Noranda
- South Metro Carnivals - Sutherlands Park
- South West Carnival - Hay Park, Bunbury
- NAS Sub-Association - Term 2
The winners of each carnival for 2015 played in the regional finalists' Carnival against the combined government schools on Tuesday 28th July at UWA Sports Park. Well done to Mazenod College, Corpus Christi College, Bunbury Catholic College and Sacred Heart College for progressing to this Competition. The Grand Final was a close game between Sacred Heart and Bunbury Catholic with a final score of SHC - 3.2 (20) def BCC - 2.4 (16).
The second competition is the Year 7 Freo Dockers Shield/Cup conducted in Term 3. The ACC in conjunction with the WAFC offered six Yr 7 Carnivals for 2015:
- South Metro Carnivals - Boys & Girls (Ferndale Reserve)
- South Metro Carnivals - Boys & Girls (Sutherlands Park)
- North Metro Carnival - Boys (Lightning Park)
- North Metro Carnival - Girls (Charles Riley Reserve)
The winners of each boy's and girl's carnival played in a Grand Final Carnival held at City Beach Ovals on Tuesday 11th August. The winner of the Freo Docker's Shield (boys) was Sacred Heart College, and the winner of the Freo Docker's Cup (girls) was Seton College.
Well done to all teams who participated. It was another successful year for this competition with another increase in team nominations.