Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all ACC swimming carnivals for 2020 were cancelled.
The ACC received queries from schools on whether students would still be selected for the All Stars Swim team. In response, the ACC surveyed a number of ACC school Sports Coordinators for feedback on whether it would be worthwhile creating a virtual swim carnival and all stars swim team based on times recorded outside the ACC swim carnivals. The feedback in general favoured an all star swim team selection, however not so much a virtual swim carnival. SC’s felt that it would be difficult to achieve legitimate virtual results with the number of schools who may/may not be willing to participate.
This feedback was enough for the ACC to proceed with an all stars swim team selection. Schools were asked to submit legitimate swim results under the following conditions;
- Schools do not need to have an entry for every event, only those where student/s may have a chance at qualifying for all stars.
- Times MUST be taken from a 50m pool performance, using an electronic timing system. As long as the race has been started electronically, the result can be taken from an electronic button at the end of the race. Hand times on a stop watch are not acceptable. 25m pool (short course) results are not acceptable.
- Performances should be taken from either a school interhouse carnival, or from a Swimming WA meet including club meets from 1 January 2020 (if interhouse carnivals were not conducted with an electronic timing system).
- The ACC penalty ruling for participating in both the 100m & 50m freestyle events will not apply which means student times can be entered into both events.
- Age groups will include U13, U14, U15, U16, U17 and U19 (Open). Schools from E-J divisions will need to enter their student performances in their actual age group.
- UR 100m freestyle events will not exist in the program. Schools from G-J divisions will need to enter their student performances in their actual age group for this event.
- There will be no relay events included in the program, however, students will be selected in the 4 x 50m/100m F/S and medley relay events for the all-stars team based on their individual event performance.
- There will be no ACC swimming records in 2020.
As a result the ACC collated competitor results from schools and selected an All Stars Swim Team which can be viewed via the following link All Stars Swim Team 2020.